I am an avid snacker. And I mean I’d rather snack all day than sit down and have a full meal. Things like salads, apples, bananas (with peanut butter). Just to name a few. But sometimes, the sweet tooth just isn’t satisfied. So I tend to grab potato chips, french fries, and candies. Whatever the flavor I’m on it.
I have to admit, though, I have grown out of my snacking ways, besides an occasional bag of chips, but when I want a snack, I now make my own at home. My go to snack is Salsa. You heard me correctly, saaaalllssssaaa. This savory treat has the ability to cure any snack cravings.
Salsa used to be a luxury, something that I would get complimentary from the local Mexican eateries. I’ve never been a huge fan of the store-bought salsas, they always taste a bit too watery. Now, I can have it whenever I want without the additives and watery taste. The best part is, it takes less than 10 minutes to make, it’s flavorful, and the ingredients are all natural.
Here’s all you need:
Onion. Tomatoes. Cilantro. Lime. Salt. Boom! That’s it.
If you ever find yourself suffering from the midnight munchies try out this recipe.
- NOTE: This recipe makes 1 Serving. Adjust as needed.
- 1-1 1/2 Roma Tomato, diced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion. diced
- 1/2 Lime
- 1/2 Handful of Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Dice both onion and tomato to desired size. NOTE: Consistency of salsa will be determined by the size of the tomato and onion. For a chunky style salsa, dice thick and for a smoother texture finely chop.
- Wash and chop fresh cilantro.
- Combine tomato, onion, and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 lime and salt to taste. Stir until completely mixed.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, tacos, or breakfast omelets.